Students gain mastery in implementing their skills in varied second-language teaching contexts; in addition, they can observe and participate with international learners in a state-of-the-art technology classroom. Students completing optional practicum work abroad receive a certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Students can additionally work toward state teacher licensure by completing the Education minor.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Teaching English as a Second Language program offered at the Kent State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate their professional knowledge through projects and writing.
- Demonstrate learning and effective teaching practices that incorporate distance learning, computer-assisted learning and effective use of software.
- Engage with diversity by defining and identifying the English language learners they are likely to serve, and by developing effective teaching strategies to teach for diversity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental English Grammar
- History of the English Language
- Computers in L2 Teaching
- Child Second Language Acquisition
- Grammar for Teaching English as a Second Language/Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Foreign Language
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation View 3331 other Masters in Education in United States
- The freshman admission policy on the Kent Campus is selective. Admission decisions are based upon the following: cumulative grade point average, ACT and/or SAT scores, strength of high school college preparatory curriculum and grade trends.
- The Admissions Office at the Kent Campus may defer the admission of students who do not meet admissions criteria but who demonstrate areas of promise for successful college study. Deferred applicants may begin their college coursework at one of seven regional campuses of Kent State University.
International20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
National20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11587 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11587 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.