About Women's and Gender Studies at Saint Louis University
Women’s and gender studies is the study of the human experience that places women and gender at the center of the analysis. It is an interdisciplinary field that draws from knowledge and expertise in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences. It examines how gender inequality is built into social institutions and practices, envisions more egalitarian alternatives, and studies strategies of social change.
Women’s and gender studies looks at both how gender norms vary across cultures, and how they interact with other systems of inequality, such as those based on race and class. Courses range from “Gender and Popular Culture” to “Violence Against Women;" from “Feminist Theory" to “Feminism in Action” and from “Multicultural U.S. Feminisms” to “Global Feminisms."
Students pursue careers in social service agencies, government, corporations and educational institutions; some students go on to master’s or doctoral work in women’s and gender studies or pursue graduate work in a variety of fields, including social work and law.
- Women's and Gender Studies
- Feminisms in the U.S.: Intersectional Approaches
- Global & Transnational Feminism
- Women and Gender in Global Film
- Feminism in Action
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
SLU will continue accepting applications while space is available.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies Philosophy & Ethics View 439 other Bachelors in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
- Complete an online application.
- If you are applying to enter SLU as a first-time, freshman student, we’ll also ask you to complete an essay.
- There is no application fee to apply for undergraduate admission to SLU.
- Send transcripts of all secondary work.
- Submit proof of your English language proficiency.
- These are scores from any standardized test you may have taken to prepare for college- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT, ACT or Duolingo score. All of our international applicants are required to demonstrate their English proficiency, and these tests can help us make that determination.
- If you do not meet SLU’s direct entry requirements, we encourage you to apply to the Pathway or English Language programs offered by INTO Saint Louis University.
- Proof of financial support
International48100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24050 USD per semester during 48 months.
National48100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24050 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United States
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.