Graduates of the Electrical Engineering Technology degree at Southern Illinois University excel in careers that emphasize testing and troubleshooting, gathering and analyzing data, and systems design and prototyping. They are adept at using existing technologies to produce solutions to engineering challenges using a unique blend of theoretical and practical skills to design, construct, test, and prototype systems. EET graduates are productive in the workplace and contribute to a firm’s success in a variety of ways.
The classes and laboratories for our electrical engineering technology specialization are broad-based. You will devote about one-third of your time to the University Core Curriculum (classes all students take), another third to required electrical engineering technology courses and the rest of your time to technical electives that will help you meet your specific career objectives.
Our well-equipped laboratories are specially designed for practical training in electronic communications, control and data acquisition, microprocessor applications and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
Program Educational Objectives
After graduation, our students will be able to:
- Have sufficient technical knowledge and practical skills to obtain and advance in a broad range of technical positions that require electrical engineering technology functions or be accepted into a graduate program.
- Act ethically in a business environment and exhibit technical and social professionalism.
- Use the necessary mathematics, science and engineering theory to solve electrical/electronic problems at both an abstract and practical level.
- Develop technical competency in the integrated design, testing and troubleshooting of electrical/electronic systems.
- Communicate ideas, designs and results effectively in a business environment using all forms of technical expression such as written text, computerized display, graphs, engineering drawings and oral presentation.
- Work effectively in teams and small groups to solve technical problems and deliver desired results on time.
- Conduct all laboratory work and testing efficiently, properly and safely using a wide variety of instruments, devices and software.
- Develop a desire for continuous learning, professional development and research using internet-based online content and traditional methods.
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Process Laboratory
- Digital System Fundamentals
- Circuit Theory and Applications
- AC/DC Circuit Theory and Application
- AC Network Theory and Application
- Automated Instrumentation and Data Acquisition
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 2204 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Choose from our more than 200 undergraduate programs (Majors) in eight different colleges. Determine if you meet our minimum requirements to a Bachelor's (undergraduate) program for:
- freshmen - fewer than 26 college credits
- transfer - more than 26 college credits
- Transcripts from high school and/or college
A financial statement - showing a minimum of $40,000 within the last 6 months
No SAT is required for admission, unless you want to apply for a merit scholarship award (minimum SAT score required)
International19274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9637 USD per semester during 48 months.
National7710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3855 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3855 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Carbondale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.