A strong liberal arts curriculum including arts and humanities, social and natural sciences, advanced composition, mathematics, and statistics provides the depth and breadth of knowledge needed to systematically and logically analyze problems, generate and test ideas, and develop effective communication and quantitative skills.
The major core includes four semesters of economic theory, a semester of econometrics, a senior capstone seminar, and several semesters of economics electives covering a wide variety of economic topics from environmental and natural resource economics to the history of economic institutions and political economy.
Economists are employed in a wide variety of fields from education and research to business and government. Nonprofit and international organizations use economists in overseas development, environmental conservation, and international relations. Economics, like many liberal arts majors, provides students with a broad academic background suitable for a variety of jobs.
Economics majors are trained to think independently and critically, communicate effectively, and function in a multicultural world. Many employers appreciate liberal arts majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Statistics
- Statistics With Business Application
- History of Economic Institutions and Thought
- Marxist Economic Thought
- Economic History of the United States
- Recent Economic Thought
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Natural Sciences View 455 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Online tuition: $476 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.