Our Bachelor of Arts in Dance is offered at Colorado State University and offers intensive training in dance technique and performance, choreography, and pedagogy, designed to prepare students for a variety of dance-related careers after college.
Technique classes in classical and contemporary forms are aimed at achieving a high level of performance and artistry.
Students have multiple opportunities to apply theoretical knowledge in tangible ways, such as performance of repertoire, supervised teaching, supervised concert direction, and choreography for concerts. Beginning freshman year, students are eligible to perform in our four, annually produced dance concerts.
The School of Music, Theatre, and Dance is comprised of esteemed faculty and administrative and production staff, all dedicated to supporting student education in the arts.
Why Dance at CSU
- Diverse faculty with expertise and qualifications on national and international levels
- Comprehensive curriculum with an emphasis on career preparation in a liberal arts setting
- Experiential coursework and leadership opportunities including supervised teaching, direction, choreography, and performance
- Individualized mentorship from faculty and fellow students
- Live musical accompaniment for technique classes
- Exceptional guest artist residencies and masterclasses with world-renowned artists from companies such as Compagnie Käfig, Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Martha Graham Dance Company, Keigwin + Company, Parsons Dance, and more
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dance Improvisation
- Dance Choreography
- Performance Practicum
- Teaching Creative Movement for Children
- Costume Construction for the Theatre
- Stage Management
- Costume Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1235 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.