The Agricultural Business - Agricultural Economics from Colorado State University teaches students the operating techniques and business skills used in the modern food and fiber industry. This program builds student knowledge and skills needed to manage small- and medium-sized businesses in agriculture and allied industries.
This is true whether the business is directly involved in production, value-adds to raw agricultural products, or provides support services including the distribution, processing, packaging, and marketing of agricultural products.
Although students from farms and ranches choose this major each year, business-oriented students with a wide variety of backgrounds have launched successful careers with this versatile degree. Graduates establish careers in management, marketing, sales, and finance to name a few areas. Participating in internships and experiential opportunities is strongly encouraged to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who seek further specialization are prepared to pursue advanced studies.
Examples of career paths of recent graduates include, but are not limited to: commodity broker, agricultural statistician, loan officer, farm manager, supply chain analyst, farm machinery sales representative, grain merchandiser, operations manager, landscape contractor, human resources specialist, ranch manager, credit analyst, crop insurance agent, precision ag technologist, feedlot manager, agricultural chemical sales representative, real estate appraiser, and elevator manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Agricultural Systems
- Food Animal Science
- Food-From Farm to Table
- Horticultural Science
- General Crops
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Agribusiness Agriculture View 337 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.