A strong field component involving study in terrestrial and marine locales such as coastal, desert, and mountain environments in California and the Southwest and in the Neotropics is required.
The Ecology, Behavior, and Evolution program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) has the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of fundamentals of ecology, behavior and evolution, or marine biology acquired through coursework
- Development of skills in library research, data interpretation, synthesis, and scientific writing
- Use of current primary scientific literature, including database searches, identification of appropriate sources, and reading and understanding papers
- Understanding of key questions and hypotheses, interpretation of results and conclusions, and discrimination of quality through critique
- Use of knowledge gained for conception and execution of student project that includes self-developed questions and hypotheses, design of appropriate theoretical or empirical/experimental approach, execution of that approach, and analysis and interpretation of data
- Communication of original scientific work to colleagues and mentors through capstone scientific paper
- Demonstrated communication skills through oral or poster presentation at a symposium
- Display of strong teamwork and problem-solving skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plants and Civilization
- Biomedical Research Issues in Minority Communities
- Biodiversity and Extinction: Crisis and Conservation
- Evolution of Life
- Evolution for Everyone.
- Why Ecology Matters: Science Behind Environmental Issues
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Organisational Behaviour Biodiversity & Conservation View 123 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
- Complete 15 year-long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA
- Meet other requirements specific to your country
- Take the ACT with Writing Test, SAT with Writing or SAT with Essay by December of your last year at secondary school
- Demonstrate English-language Proficiency
International42993 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42993 USD per year during 48 months.
National42993 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42993 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13239 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13239 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.