This Architectural Technology (Hons) course at De Montfort University focuses on detailed decisions about the design and construction of buildings and their immediate surroundings. Architectural Technology is concerned with new and existing buildings and examines how detail relates to the design concept.
This field is also central to the communication of design decisions to members of the construction team and vital to ensuring that work is carried out in the correct manner.
The course will help you evolve the knowledge and skills required in understanding, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation relative to design, technology, management and practice. It will also help advance your architectural management proficiency by bringing together all aspects of the design process, from concept through to completion.
- Benefit from our 125-year history, which makes Leicester School of Architecture one of the most established schools of its kind in the UK.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT), meaning that you can apply for associate membership of CIAT, with the opportunity to progress towards chartered membership (MCIAT).
- Accreditation from the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) enables you to apply for graduate membership of CABE, with the opportunity to progress towards chartered membership (MCABE).
- Boost your career prospects with an optional industry placement year. Our students have benefited from working in roles such as Assistant Architecture Technologist at Isherwood McCann, a leading architectural company with expertise in large-scale logistics warehouse developments.
- Gain valuable international experience as part of your studies with our DMU Global programme. Previous trips have taken students overseas to work on live projects in Berlin in collaboration with Aedas, a leading international architecture and design practice.
Many of our students will work towards chartered membership with the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists or the Chartered Association of Building Engineers status upon graduation, by gaining a further two years of practical training. While for others, the course provides an ideal transition to postgraduate study such as the Architecture and Sustainability MSc at DMU.
Architectural technologists may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Whichever sector they work in, architectural technologists’ knowledge and understanding of how to link concept to reality means they are ideally equipped to provide a wide range of services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural Representation
- Building Technology
- Architectural Detailing
- Sustainable Building Principles
- Building Design
- Building Information Technology and Modelling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 365 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A'levels or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points
- GCSEs - Five GCSEs grades A* - C (9-4) including English Language or Literature and Maths or Science at grade C/4 or above.
- Access - Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent) and GCSE English (Language or Literature) and Maths or Science at grade C/4 or above.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English and Maths or Science at grade C/4 or above (if required as part of our standard requirement).
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- DMU Global High Flyers Award
- DMU Sports Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.