In the Materials Science and Engineering program from University of Arizona , students work with glass, ceramics, plastics, polymers, composites, metals and other materials to create the devices and systems essential for solar energy production, information technology and medicine. From integrated circuits and chip carriers to turbine engines and optical waveguides, become an expert in materials properties, failure analysis, manufacturing techniques and quality assurance.
UA material science students and graduates are working in diverse fields for employers including
- Aerospace and defense - Honeywell, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman and Boeing
- Semiconductor manufacturing - Texas Instruments, Samsung and Intel
- Optics - Newport (Spectra-Physics), NP Photonics, and Edmund Optics
- Energy: Sion Power, General Plasma, Tucson Electric Power
- Mining, Minerals and Metallurgy Climax, Phelps Dodge, Steel Dynamics
- Biomedical: W. L. Gore & Associates, CR Bard
- Engineering service firms - Aker Solutions, Kleinfelder
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials properties
- Failure analysis
- Manufacturing techniques
- Quality assurance
In class, UA materials science engineering students don’t just learn about materials -- they handle them, in glassblowing, smelting, casting and composite manufacturing.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 195 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Have a 3.00 recalculated grade point average (GPA) (a "B" or better where "A"=4.00) from a secondary school. Please note: GPA recalculation occurs during the admissions evaluation process.
- Have three years of high school work. Please note: If you are currently in high school, UA needs to see 9–11 grade work. If you have completed high school then UA needs to see 10–12 grade work.
- Have and present a completed high school diploma or certificate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37116 USD per year during 48 months.
National36600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12600 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.