Preparation for careers in the field requires a comprehension of physical, chemical, biological, and engineering principles. The Chemical Engineering curriculum provides broad fundamental training and prepares graduates for the chemical and process industries or for advanced study.
The Chemical Engineering program at Northwestern University aims to develop graduates who can plan, design, and operate new processes, who can contribute to the development of new chemical products, and who have potential for managerial responsibility in highly technical industrial enterprises.
Areas of Specialization
Our curriculum provides students with the core chemical engineering fundamentals, while offering the option to select one of these six areas of specialization:
- Chemical process engineering
- Environmental engineering and sustainability
- Nanotechnology and molecular engineering
- Polymer science and engineering
Graduates of the chemical engineering major pursue careers in a multitude of industries, including the pharmaceutical, food, chemical, petroleum, information technology, and consulting industries. Many students seek advanced degrees in science and engineering, law, medicine, or business, enrolling in top programs nationwide.
- Engineering analysis and computer proficiency
- Basic sciences
- Design and communications
- Basic engineering
- Social sciences/humanities
- Unrestricted electives
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 2235 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application*
- Official secondary school transcript and school report
- Counselor recommendation
- At least one teacher recommendation
- SAT or ACT scores (OPTIONAL for 2020-22 cycle)
- Official proof of English language proficiency‡ (ONLY for applicants whose first/primary language is not English or whose secondary schooling has not been in English)
International62391 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62391 USD per year during 48 months.
National62391 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62391 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Evanston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.