The Department of Anthropology at Columbia University traditionally offered courses and majors in three main areas: sociocultural anthropology, archaeology, and biological/physical anthropology.
- While the sociocultural anthropology program now comprises the largest part of the department and accounts for the majority of faculty and course offerings, archaeology is also a vibrant program within anthropology whose interests overlap significantly with those of sociocultural anthropology.
- Biological/physical anthropology has shifted its program to the Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology. The Anthropology Department enthusiastically encourages cross-disciplinary dialogue across disciplines as well as participation in study abroad programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mafias and Other Dangerous Affiliations
- Anthropological Theory
- Living with Animals: Anthropological Perspective
- Body and Society
- Indigenous Place-Thought
- The Ancient Table: Archaeology of Cooking and Cuisine
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Linguistics View 1444 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Autobiographical information
- Lists and descriptions of a student’s achievements, activities, employment and summer activities
- Personal essay
- An official high school transcript from all high schools attended
- One high school counselor’s recommendation and school profile
- The completed Mid-Year Report
- SAT or ACT
- Applicants may self-report their scores
- English proficiency examination score (if necessary)
- These recommendations must come from teachers who taught you in academic disciplines
- For engineering applicants, one must come from a math or science teacher
International60098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30049 USD per semester during 48 months.
National60098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30049 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.