After completion of the lower division core classes which include: study in Acting, Technical and Design Crafts, the History, Literature and Criticism of Theatre, and Directing, students may choose to interview for placement in the Technical Theatre design options.
The Theatre Arts: Technical Theatre program at California State University Long Beach has been organized to serve student needs in three principal areas:
- Enrichment of the student’s liberal arts background through the development of appreciations and insights derived from theatre arts courses taken as general education electives.
- Development of interests and skills that offer the students life-long satisfactions as a vocational outlet.
- Preparation of Theatre Professionals for further educational advancement or work in community, recreational, educational, and professional theatre.
Students have the opportunity to gain a broad exposure to the Technical Theatre discipline by requiring work in a variety of skills development. These emphasize the technological, as well as, the artistic aspects of design and execution. They learn crew responsibilities for each technical theatre category and can move up through their main area of interest into Assistant or Design positions for the Theatre Department production season and for the Threshold season.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Script Analysis
- Theatre Arts Showcase
- Fundamentals of Acting
- Elementary Stagecraft
- Costume Crafts
- Stage Lighting
- Writing for the Theatre Arts
- History of Theatre and Drama to 1660
- Stage Management
- Theatre Today
- Fundamentals of Directing
- Dramatic Theory and Criticism
- Foundations of Visual Expression
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete each of the courses in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subject requirements with a grade of C or higher prior to high school graduation
- Graduate from high school by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
- Have a minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered: Graduates of California high schools and other California residents: 3,200 minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered for non-STEM major and a 3,300 minimum “STEM Eligibility Index” for STEM majors and other non-California residents: 3,570 minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered
- All transcripts from all institutions attended
- SAT/ACT scores-Domestic Freshmen and International Freshmen graduating from a U.S. high school
International5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2871 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2871 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
If you are not a resident of California , you must add $396.00 for each unit of credit you take.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.