Public health integrates many disciplines to prevent illness and premature death, enabling people to live healthier, more productive lives. The field covers a broad range of issues, including environmental pollution, access to health care, bioterrorism, obesity and prevention of contagious diseases. Public health students know they will make a difference in people’s lives.
Graduates with an undergraduate professional degree in Public Health from The Ohio State University will be qualified for early career, entry-level positions in public health agencies and other public or private health organizations. This degree can also prepare students for graduate study in public health, social work, law, nursing, or business and a variety of professional health programs such as medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, optometry, pharmacy and veterinary medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pursuing the undergraduate professional degree in public health is a four-year program. The major consists of a core set of public health courses and interdisciplinary courses offered through either specialization.
- Public health sociology: Students pursuing this specialization study how social factors impact health in order to improve the health of communities. The curriculum provides students with an interdisciplinary education in public health and sociology.
- Environmental public health: This specialization is for students who have an interest in both the environment and health, how environments impact health and a desire to find solutions to the challenges of environmental effects on the health of communities. The curriculum provides students with an interdisciplinary education in public health and environmental science.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 685 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.