Students select one of two tracks, enabling them to focus in areas that would be most relevant to their post-baccalaureate goals.
The health care professions pathway is designed for students interested in pursuing clinical careers in pharmacy, medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry and other health care professions.
The drug discovery and development pathway is designed for students intending to pursue graduate school and/or research-based careers in pharmaceutical sciences.
Graduates of the Pharmaceutical Sciences program at The Ohio State University will be prepared for graduate education, graduate professional education or a health-related career. The pharmaceutical industry offers career opportunities in sales and marketing, drug research and development, quality assurance, and professional services.
The BSPS is a non-licensure undergraduate major. It is intended as preparation for graduate studies in the pharmaceutical sciences, graduate professional studies or entry-level employment in the pharmaceutical industry. In order to become a licensed pharmacist, graduates must complete the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pharmaceutical sciences courses in the BSPS curriculum include drug discovery and development, biochemistry, ethics and professionalism, and instrumental analysis. Major course work includes courses in the core pharmaceutical sciences: pharmaceutics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry and pharmacy practice. Students must also take course work in organic and general chemistry, biology, physics, physiology, anatomy, microbiology and calculus, as well as electives within an area of specialization. Various courses incorporate lecture/recitation sections and laboratory experiences.
- In learning the disciplines of medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacology and pharmaceutical administration, BSPS students study the areas of drug discovery, delivery, action and therapy.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy View 78 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.