The programs in consumer sciences provide students with unique opportunities for careers in industries that provide goods and services, ranging from financial planners to merchandisers in retail or wholesale settings to hotel and restaurant managers. The department’s programs encompass product and service knowledge; the study of people who produce and distribute products and services, as well as the study of the people who use them; and the processes involved from conception to consumption. Programs in the department focus on enhancing consumer, individual and family well-being.
Graduates of the Fashion and Retail Studies program at The Ohio State University typically find employment in firms ranging from specialty stores to mass merchandisers to catalog distributors. Positions include wholesale/retail manager, buyer, entrepreneur and visual merchandiser. Graduates who are more interested in pursuing employment in product development find opportunities as apparel product development specialists and technical designers as well as positions in quality control.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fashion, the Body and Popular Culture
- Commercial and Consumer Aesthetics
- Business of Fashion
- Beginning Textile Science
- Appearance, Dress and Cultural Diversity
- Fashion Forecasting
- Ready-to-wear Analysis
- Retail Environments
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 137 other Masters in Fashion Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.