Economics is the study of choices that individuals, business and government entities make when allocating limited resources among alternative uses. For example, individuals must choose what goods or services to purchase with their limited incomes. Business firms must decide which goods to produce, how much to produce and what methods to use. Government bodies must choose which programs to implement and which taxes to levy.
Using these data, economists predict how different economic entities will respond to changes in policies and external forces. These predictions, in turn, help guide private and public decision-makers to form appropriate policies.
At graduation, Fisher College of Business graduates:
- Will posses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and critically assess problems facing contemporary businesses
- Will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of human resources
- Will possess a global perspective and can critically evaluate the international context a contemporary business operates in
- Can identify and assess ethical issues surrounding business decisions
- Are able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Can demonstrate professional deportment and effective oral and written communication skills
Majors of the Economics – Business program from The Ohio State University are successful in a wide variety of careers. Although various roles in business are most common (banking, insurance industry, consulting), economics majors are successful in law, medicine, government, nonprofits, international relations, as well as in academic roles. Most economics majors pursue employment in the private sector and graduates succeed in many occupations. Additionally, some students plan to pursue graduate work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Skills and Environment
- Business Law
- International Business
- Management Sciences
- Management and Human Resources
- Strategic Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 1890 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.