The community and extension education specialization provides students with the knowledge and skills to promote positive change through learning partnerships that strengthen individuals, families and communities.
The leadership specialization prepares students with the capacity to embrace change and lead others in adapting, managing and directing change in an individual, organization or community context.
Students of the Community Leadership program at The Ohio State University have many career options. A few of the possibilities include the following:
- 4-H youth development specialist
- Civic engagement
- Community development specialist
- Extension professional
- Human resources
- Leadership development specialist
- Non-profit organization administrator
- Member relations specialist
- Professional development specialist
- Public relations specialist
- Training and development officer
- Youth leader
- Youth program manager
- Volunteer management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership theory
- Organizational leadership
- Community development
- Campaign design
- Innovation diffusion
- Interpersonal skills
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1917 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.