About the Program
Students in music education graduate with certification to teach music in New Jersey public schools and receive extensive training in an instrument or voice. All four undergraduate areas provide rigorous instruction in music theory and history, as well as performance/composition, and are complemented by core requirements in the liberal arts. The Music program of Rutgers University offers the following concentrations:
- Bachelor of music degree in music education
- Bachelor of music degree in performance
- Bachelor of music degree in jazz studies
- Bachelor of music degree in composition
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Technology
- Music Theory
- Jazz Theory
- Keyboard Harmony for Jazz Majors
- Aural Skills
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 637 other Bachelors in Music History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14729 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14729 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6498 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.