Binghamton University students who major in Environmental Studies select a specialization in ecosystems, earth sciences, environmental chemistry, public policy and law, environmental planning, ecological anthropology or environmental economics. BA degrees are available for all specializations, while BS degrees are available in only ecosystems, earth sciences and environmental chemistry. Students can also design their own specialization in consultation with a major advisor.
Internships, research opportunities and more
- Internship opportunities are available at a variety of local agencies such as the Broome County Health Department and Binghamton University Nature Preserve.
- Students can intern in their hometown, county, state and federal agencies such as the National Park Service or the EPA, or with nonprofit groups.
- Students also have numerous opportunities to work in the field. Students do fieldwork as part of labs, discussion section or research projects.
- There are also fieldwork opportunities in other countries such as through study abroad in Costa Rica.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Humans & Ecological Environ
- Humans & Physical Environ
- Environmental Planning/Policy
- Intro to Environmental Policy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEcology Environmental Sciences View 294 other Bachelors in Ecology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Your Transcript
- Complete the Test-Optional Form
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Demonstrate English Proficiency
- Submit Financial Support Documents
International24660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 USD per year during 48 months.
National24660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7270 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Binghamton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.