Want to help ensure medicines are safe, fast acting and affordable? Pharmacists play a key role in balancing complex combinations of medications with a patient’s allergies and tolerance. A pharmacist ensures that medications provide healing instead of harm from being administered incorrectly.
As one of the health professions, pharmacy is concerned with public health and safety, and all activities related to the preparation, distribution, and rational use of medicines. Majoring in pharmacy is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to make a significant contribution to the health care needs of our society.
This Pharmaceutical Sciences - Pharmacy at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy math, chemistry and biology
- Like solving complex problems
- Appreciate working with others, as part of a team
- Are interested in caring for people's health
- Want to be at the front lines of an ever-changing field
- Retail Pharmacist
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Clinical Researcher
- Faculty Member
The Pharm.D. program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Biology I and Lab
- Human Anatomy and Lab
- Physiology and Lab
- Organic Chemistry I and Lab
- General Microbiology and Lab
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy View 2007 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National20492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State14115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.