This BSc in Physiotherapy (Hons) programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) consists of a combination of university-based and physiotherapy practice-based modules. Considerable time is spent in class learning practical skills, while practical learning offers the chance to further develop these skills.
On university-based modules, you will cover a range of areas of contemporary physiotherapy practice as well as the clinical and behavioural sciences that underpin practice. Development of your competence and transferable skills is emphasised. You will study the research process, learning how to apply current evidence to your practice and develop skills in reflection and critical appraisal.
Fantastic Industry Links
We have excellent links with Physiotherapists working within the NHS and private practices across the North West. There are also links with Charitable organisations and international institutions and hospitals, providing excellent opportunities for our students to gain experience of the breadth of contemporary physiotherapy practice.
The course is approved by both the Health and Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, giving links with the registering body of Physiotherapists and the Professional body.
Physiotherapists work in a range of settings, including hospitals, health centres, industry, private practices and sports clubs. The majority of our graduates take up employment within the NHS, some work in private practice and others continue their study at postgraduate level. You’ll have the opportunity to apply for the chance to develop your clinical skills in practice in a variety of locations including Blackburn Rovers Academy. We’ve also had students on placement in Florida, whilst many spend a week at UCLan’s Cyprus campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture and Context of Physiotherapy Practice (includes 7 days of placement)
- Exercise in Rehabilitation
- Physiology and Pathology
- Physiotherapeutic Skills
- Promoting Public Health
- Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy Practice
- Physiology, Pathology and Physiotherapy Management (Cardiovascular-Respiratory)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 101 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB including one science subject - Biology, Human Biology, PE, Psychology or Sociology.
- BTEC Extended Diploma:Distinction, Distinction, Merit in related subject.
- IELTS: 7.0 with no component of lower than 6.5
- GCSE: 5 GCSEs at B/5 including Maths, English and Science
- Pass Access Course: 128 UCAS points including 30 Level 3 Credits at distinction in the following subject areas: Allied Health Professions, Biology and Health Sciences, Health and Physiotherapy, Health Care Professions, Nursing and Allied Health, Health Professions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.