Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
This scholarship supports forced migrants who are not eligible for student finance to access higher education with us. There is one scholarship available each year.
The support package can be tailored according to the awardees needs. This may include a cash bursary, covering accommodation costs, covering travel costs or other in-kind support.
Value: Fee waiver and support package up to the value of £5,000 per year
- You are unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance loan
- You live within 30 miles of the campus you wish to study at (only applicable to UK sites)
- You are applying for a three-year undergraduate course.
The right to study in the UK and current immigration status can be described as one of the following:
- Refugee status
- Discretionary leave to remain (DLR)
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
- Humanitarian Protection (HP)
- Awaiting a decision on application for refugee status (asylum seeker)
- Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (UASC leave)
- Refused Asylum Seeker - application for refugee status has been denied and a fresh claim is in process
- Lived in the UK for the last half of life which was not for the principal purpose of study and has a form of immigration permission. This can include Limited Leave to Remain (LLR)
Study experience required
Scholarship applicants do not have to have received an offer to apply but will need to be enrolled to receive it.
Further details on application timelines will be available soon