In the Computer Science bachelor's program at University of Maryland University College, you'll learn programming, algorithm optimization and enhancement, and the theory, science, and math behind modern computing. Specifically, you learn about Java, C++, OpenGL, Octave, and MATLAB. Your courses will include data structures and analysis, computer systems and architecture, image and signal processing, and more.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Identify and respond to emerging technology, models, methodologies, systems, and trends in human/computer interaction, including social networking, gaming, modeling, and simulation
- Apply logic and mathematical principles to the design, development, and verification of secure, high-performance, and reliable computing systems
- Analyze, design, develop, and document secure technical solutions for computing systems and networking infrastructure
- Plan, design, and optimize computing architecture, software applications, data, and systems
- Adhere to local, national, and international technical standards, ethics, and intellectual property regulations when developing computer applications and systems
- Analyze, compare, and contrast algorithms, programming languages, compilers, and operating systems to select or develop solutions to problems
- Design, implement, test, debug, and document Java programs using development tools
- Design and implement a "virtual" stringed musical instrument that includes data fields for notes and boolean fields to determine whether the instrument is tuned or currently playing
- Build realistic graphical 3D worlds, animate characters, and add special effects to games using OpenGL and a programming environment
- Create a Java programming project that uses a concurrent, secure, multi-threaded application
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Programming
- Computer Systems and Architecture
- Data Structures and Analysis
- Advanced Programming Languages
- Object-Oriented and Concurrent Programming
- Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
- Computer Graphics
- Current Trends and Projects in Computer Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Artificial Intelligence View 122 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Secondary education (high school graduation): If you have earned fewer than 24 transferable credits at a U.S. college or university, you must verify your completion of the equivalent of a U.S. secondary education by doing one of the following:
- Requesting an evaluation from an approved international credit evaluation service
- Providing official transcripts showing completion of the U.S. General Education Development, known as the GED, exam with a passing score
International14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
National14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.