Sociology at Athabasca University helps you both understand and change the world you live in. The study of sociology links together the social, economic, political, cultural and ecological aspects of a changing global society.Sociological theory and research are used in applied areas of study like:
- crime and deviance
- family and gender studies
- environmental and health issues
- agriculture and food
- technology and the information society
- race and ethnic relations
- organizations and bureaucracies
- Social Researcher
- Human Services Worker
- Police Officer
- Early Childhood Development
- Correctional Officer (Guard, Parole Officer, Probationary Officer)
- Policy Researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociology of Religion
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Social Problems
- How Humans Organize: From Primary Groups to the World Wide Web
- Canadian Society
- Social Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work History Sociology View 8 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
- There are no formal admission requirements for either the 3-year or the 4-year program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International18402 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73610 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
National7132 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28530 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.