Athabasca University offers a wide variety of history courses, with strengths in Europe and North America, and a growing number of courses on Global History and the history of Africa.
The Bachelor of Arts in History strengthens critical and creative thinking through a broad range of social, political and cultural studies. The program is designed to
- broaden your perspective on local and global affairs
- encourage community and social involvement
- prepare you for lifelong learning and occupational diversity
- National/Provincial Park Interpreter
- Parks Canada Service Supervisor
- Probation Officer
- Museum Technician/Assistant
- Museum Interpreter
- Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Travel Agent
- Employment Recruiter
- History of Canada to 1867
- Western Thought and Culture: Before the Reformation
- Africa in the World - Between the Atlantic Slave Trade and the Postcolonial World
- History of the United States Civil War to Present
- A History of the World in the Twentieth Century
- Europe, 1618-1939
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Undergraduate courses start the first day of each month, but you must register and pay your fees by the 10th of the previous month to begin on the first.
90 or 120 credits
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 3 other Bachelors in Modern History in Canada
- There are no formal admission requirements for either the 3-year or the 4-year program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International19802 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 79210 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
National7982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31930 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
90 credits fees:
- Permanent Residents of Alberta - $23,948/full
- Students Living Outside Canada - $59,408
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.