Drexel University’s computing and cyber security program emphasizes practical hands-on education and provides fundamental concepts that are supplemented by work experience. The curriculum of the Computing and Security Technology program of Drexel University is designed for those currently employed in the field of information technology who are seeking a career change or personal enrichment; or working adults who have already earned an associate's degree or completed approximately two years of college work.
Upon graduation, you'll be able to:
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- Function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- Recognize the need for and engage in continuing professional development
- Utilize current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
What can I do with a degree in Computing and Security Technology?
Drexel University’s online BS in Computing and Security Technology prepares you with the foundational knowledge you need to fill critical roles in computing system administration and cyber security within corporate, government or nonprofit organizations. Whether you’re just starting out in your career or are looking to change fields, Drexel’s online cyber security degree is designed to help you gain a competitive edge in the workplace.
Graduates with a computing and cyber security degree can hold a number of lucrative positions such as:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Information Security Analysts
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- IT Security Engineer
- Security Systems Administrator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Network Administration
- Information Technology Security
- Systems Analysis
- Database Management Systems
- Social Aspects of Information Systems
- Human-Centered Design Process & Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 107 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Additional requirements for International Students
International20118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 435 USD per credit during 48 months.
National20118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 435 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.