Prepare for tomorrow’s healthcare challenges today through the Nursing BSc course at the American Public University.
APU’s CCNE-accredited RN to BSN online program is designed for registered nurses who have earned an associate degree or diploma in nursing and have a current, active, and unencumbered license.
The RN to BSN online program builds on your nursing competencies while putting you on the path to advanced education and opportunity in the rapidly changing healthcare industry. This degree coursework covers evidence-based practice, clinical decision-making, and community health.
The mission of the American Public University System's Nursing Program is to provide quality, affordable, and accessible higher education for professional registered nurses to foster lifelong learning through a spirit of inquiry in order to prepare students for service and leadership roles in a diverse and global society.
What You Will Do
- Improve performance in the professional nursing role by developing leadership, management, sound clinical judgment and communication skills to improve the health of individuals, families, and communities
- Use interprofessional communication and collaborative skills with patients, families, and members of healthcare teams to achieve effective and efficient coordination of care
- Utilize evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and leadership principles to promote a culture of safety and achieve outcomes that are grounded in institutional values and professional ethics
- Apply informatics and healthcare technologies to access critical information, to collaborate with other professionals, and to facilitate optimal patient-centered care
- Apply scientific principles and the nursing process to evaluate responses to therapies and changes in patient health status
- Integrate knowledge of human and organizational behavior to lead teams and promote cultures of safety
- Analyze the impact of financial, regulatory, and political decisions on local, national and global health outcomes
- Synthesize knowledge of ethical, socioeconomic, and cultural factors to decrease health disparities, to advocate for vulnerable populations, and to provide culturally relevant healthcare to individuals, groups, and communities
- Employ a spirit of inquiry to embrace the value of lifelong learning and participate in professional activities that promote and shape the future of nursing
- This baccalaureate program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Transitions in Nursing
- Assessment, Evaluation and Clinical Decision-Making
- Integrated Pathophysiology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Science of Evidence-Based Practice
- Transformational Leadership and Cultures of Safety
- Emerging Scholarship and Trends in Healthcare
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 82 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This program is currently not open for admission to residents of Washington or Tennessee.
- To apply to this program, you must hold the following: associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing and current, active and unencumbered U.S. Registered Nursing (RN) license.
- Please be prepared to submit a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students) upon request.
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
- An APU admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your nursing license and documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.