Get a solid foundation in accounting principles and best practices by enrolling in the Accounting BSc course at the American Public University (APU).
Using simulations and labs, APU’s bachelor of accounting online program blends theory and research methods with the practical skills needed to manage complex accounting issues found in businesses, nonprofits, government, and private practices. Develop your basic understanding of tax codes and finance law, as you learn about Sarbanes-Oxley and Securities and Exchange Commission regulations.
Successful completion may or may not satisfy the educational requirements for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Educational requirements for the CPA exam vary by state.
What You Will Do
- Clearly express basic knowledge of legal and business terms and concepts related to accounting
- Interpret and prepare financial information for management and stakeholders using accounting analyses and reports
- Discuss how Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) are applied and relate these to appropriate accounting practices
- Show your knowledge of the ethical framework for accountants adopted by professional accounting organizations
- This program has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and has earned additional ACBSP Specialized Accounting Accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- College Trigonometry
- Basic Productivity Applications
- Advanced Productivity Applications
- Principles of Financial Management
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Forensic Accounting View 87 other Bachelors in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU)
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.