Gain comprehensive knowledge in critical infrastructure protection, risk management, security management, national security, intelligence, legal and ethical issues, and border security with the Homeland Security BA course at the American Public University .
For those deeply committed to safeguarding our nation and communities, APU’s homeland security major examines both past and evolving homeland security concepts. You will explore interagency and intergovernmental relations, homeland security leadership, as well as U.S. homeland security strategy. Class activity may include preparing a briefing and developing a Red Cell analysis.
Expert faculty bring their real-world knowledge to this online homeland security bachelor degree program. Many are leaders in homeland security; local, state, and federal law enforcement; intelligence; customs and border patrol; and emergency management.
What You Will Do
- Examine the historical and evolving concept of homeland security
- Differentiate among various homeland security threats
- Distinguish among and assess homeland security approaches and leadership
- Focus on interagency relationships in formulating a comprehensive U.S. homeland security strategy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Homeland Security Studies
- Homeland Security and Defense
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Border and Coastal Security
- Intelligence and Homeland Security
- Homeland Security Legal and Ethical Issues
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Risk Management Terrorism & Security View 25 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.