Adopt an all-hazards approach and gain risk assessment knowledge with the Emergency and Disaster Management BA at the American Public University.
APU’s online emergency and disaster management bachelor’s degree program—accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress—covers EDM phases, risk assessment, crisis management, prevention, management, counterterrorism, consequence management, mitigation, and recovery from man-made and natural disasters.
From the smallest incident to the largest catastrophe, APU’s emergency and disaster management program stresses the fact that all disasters are local, which is a foundational emergency management concept.
This program is taught by expert faculty—many are board-certified emergency managers (CEM) or hold key positions in government agencies or national safety and security organizations.
What You Will Do
- Identify the various goals of disaster management
- Differentiate between response strategies for the various emergency and disaster incidents
- Examine the phases of the cycle of disasters
- Compare and contrast the roles and responsibilities of the individuals and agencies in an emergency and disaster incident
- This program is accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Planning
- Emergency and Disaster Incident Command
- Hazard Mitigation and Preparedness
- Research Design and Methods
- Natural Disaster Management
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management View 19 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.