One of the languages must be Spanish or French; if you wish, you can learn both, or you can select one and then add either American Sign Language (ASL), Chinese, German, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, or Latin.
By studying more than one language simultaneously, you’ll develop a unique multicultural perspective and be prepared to forge connections across cultures — both near and far.
Why Study Combined Languages at Clark University?
- Test your command of one of your chosen languages by completing two units of study abroad in a country where it is spoken, and take advantage of community-based learning opportunities in the Worcester area.
- Explore and critique how national languages have been used to build and promote cultural continuity and identity through texts, films, and documentaries.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The National Imagination
- Wayfaring, Wayfinding? Wandering in French-Speaking Societies
- Fairy Tales of the World
- Ways of Writing and Speaking
- Popular Culture in France
- Readings in French Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 3286 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students applying to Clark must submit their applications through the Common Application. Official transcripts covering the student’s prior three (full) years of education must be submitted by the student’s school. Two letters of recommendation are required, one from an academic teacher and one from a school counselor.
- All applicants whose first language is not English are required to submit evidence of English proficiency either through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Duolingo, regardless of the length of time they have spent in the United States.
- The Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) necessary to obtain a student visa will be granted only after full admission and receipt of complete financial documentation (in the form of an official bank statement reflecting the student’s family’s financial resources).
International52000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52000 USD per year during 48 months.
National52000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.