Why study BA (Hons) Multimedia Sports Journalism at BU?
- Take part in authentic news days and provide extensive coverage of local sports including AFC Bournemouth and other clubs
- Graduate equipped to become a sports and convergence specialist and trained to be agile enough to respond to new technologies and consumer/audience behaviours
- Showcase your sports journalism to the public via our online platform BUzz, BU’s campus radio station, Nerve magazine and your own social media channels and websites
- Make invaluable industry connections during a four- or 30-week placement with national and regional media organisations
- Learn from experienced professionals including senior industry guest speakers and our successful alumni
- BU is ranked amongst the top 10 best UK universities for journalism, publishing and PR (The best UK universities 2021 league table - The Guardian).
The 24-hour news cycle has changed the way that sports journalists work and report. This Multimedia Sports Journalism (Hons) course at Bournemouth University prepares you for a job in this field, where you will be expected to work across a range of channels and use a variety of mediums.
The course will prepare you for a wide variety of positions, depending on the area in which you want to specialise. You'll be career ready with 89% of graduates from our media, journalism and communications courses in employment after 15 months.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- News and Storytelling
- Broadcast Journalism
- Journalism and Society
- Research for Journalism
- Media Law
- Digital Storytelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Sports Sciences View 210 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We accept a wide range of international qualifications for study on our undergraduate courses. Examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1:
- Диплома за средно образование (Bulgarian Diploma of Completed Secondary Education) or Диплома за средно специално образование (Bulgarian Diploma of Completed Secondary Specialised Education). Minimum score of 4.5
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma with required scores (4,3,3 to 4,5,5. Minimum 4 in English required)
- Italian Esame di Stato[AB1] with minimum 60%+
- Spanish Curso de Orientaciòn Universitaria (COU) prior to 2009 or if you hold a Titulo De Bachillerato awarded from 2009 onwards with a minimum of 6/10+
- USA High School Diploma with minimum GPA 3.0 plus SAT Reasoning (1200) or ACT (24-26).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14100 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- £9,250 (UK, ROI & CI)
- £14,100 (Int'l)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.