Areas of interest include: phonetics and phonology, the study of the sounds and sound patternings in human languages; morphology, the study of the structure and formation of words; syntax, the study of the structure and patterning of words and phrases in sentences; semantics, the study of the nature of meaning; neurolinguistics, the study of how language is stored and processed in the brain; psycholinguistics, the study of how language is processed and acquired by young children; pragmatics, the principles which characterize language use in communication; sociolinguistics, the study of language in society; and computational linguistics, the computational modeling of linguistic knowledge, structure, and processing.
Linguistics - Academic- Professional Linguistics Emphasis students at University of Arizona majoring in second languages, English, education, pre-law, pre-medicine, and other social sciences also find linguistics course work valuable.
- Forensic linguistics
- Information technology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Structure and Meaning of Words
- Computational Techniques for Linguists
- Philosophy of Linguistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 1966 other Masters in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Have a 3.00 recalculated grade point average (GPA) (a "B" or better where "A"=4.00) from a secondary school. Please note: GPA recalculation occurs during the admissions evaluation process.
- Have three years of high school work. Please note: If you are currently in high school, UA needs to see 9–11 grade work. If you have completed high school then UA needs to see 10–12 grade work.
- Have and present a completed high school diploma or certificate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37116 USD per year during 48 months.
National36600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12600 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.