This online Intermediate-level Elements of Data Science MicroBachelor Program offered by edX in collaboration with Rice University - RICEx is designed for working adults looking to pursue a career as a data scientist and roles focused on machine learning. Whether you already work with data in your current role or are interested in the larger field of computer science, this program is designed to build a solid foundation in underlying algorithms and principles of the tools used.
This Foundational Data Science MicroBachelors program consists of two courses that develop key mathematical skills and explores terminology, models, and algorithms found in signal processing and machine learning.
What you will learn
- The basic objects of linear algebra – how to compute with them, how they fit together theoretically, and how they can be used to solve real problems
- Data models and systems for processing signals, images, and big data sets
- Practical implementation of signal processing and machine learning algorithms on data from the real world
- Ability to navigate the data science process as an expert instead of relying on trial and error with black box methods
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Math of Data Science: Linear Algebra
- Discrete Time Signals and Systems
- Signals, Systems, and Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 days
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 262 other programmes in Machine Learning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Regardless of past experience, if any, edX’s MicroBachelors programs can lead the path to a Bachelor’s degree that makes you job-ready today. MicroBachelors programs are built for adult learners looking to progress their career.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International657 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 657 USD for the full programme during 6 days.
National657 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 657 USD for the full programme during 6 days.
Because MicroBachelors programs are credit-bearing, they are eligible for many employer educational benefit programs; ask your manager if your company offers or matches an investment in education. edX also offers financial assistance to learners who demonstrate that paying the verified certificate fee would cause economic hardship. You can also try a course before buying a MicroBachelors program through the Audit Track.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.