You will undertake practical work experience placements, as well as spend time developing practical skills in our clinical skills labs using clinical patient simulators (manikins) and simulation model trainers. Clinical setting work placements account for 50% of the clinical practice time for the mental health nursing course. These are interspersed throughout the three years of the Nursing with registered Nurse (Mental Health) (Hons) course at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) .
The School of Nursing is amongst one of the first educational providers within the North West region who ensure that your first year (second year in the Foundation Entry) is adequately supported within their clinical experiences by allocating associate lecturing staff to first year placement areas. These members of staff will visit you within the student’s placement areas to ensure that the placement is progressing and the learning environment is providing you with appropriate learning opportunities that will enable you to achieve your learning outcomes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing Practice
- Society, Health and Care Provision
- Developing Practice in Mental Health Nursing
- Essentials of Mental Health Nursing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Nursing Clinical Psychology View 346 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical offer is 96 UCAS Points. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable) together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Merit, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Diploma: Distinction, Distinction
- Pass Access Course: 96-112 UCAS Points
- IELTS: 6.5 (with no component below 6.5) or equivalent taken within two years prior to your course commencement date
- GCSE: 5 at grade C/4 including Maths & English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.