The systematic recovery and critical interpretation of such evidence is essential to the development of archaeological knowledge.
The practical emphasis starts at the beginning of the degree; you spend your first week on one of the University’s training excavations learning how to dig. Teaching on the rest of the degree is split evenly between practicals, lectures and fieldwork.
Previous students have excavated extremely significant finds while on this course, including the rare Anglo-Saxon find in Oakington, Cambridgeshire, of the skeletal remains of a high ranking woman buried with a valuable cow.
The degree in Archaeology at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is designed to give you an in-depth knowledge of archaeology, focusing in particular on the archaeology of Britain. It also adheres to UK professional standards, allowing students to develop a competitive skill-set.
UCLan Archaeologists have experience both in professional and academic archaeology, and Archaeologists from a wide range of external organisations are involved in the delivery of this MSci. All our staff are actively researching in the UK and we have several on-going international projects. Lecturers will supervise you in their own substantial research project. This allows you to develop your own particular interests and skills.
This degree is jointly accredited by the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) and the University Archaeology UK group (UAUK).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Archaeology of Britain
- Field Archaeology
- History of Archaeological Thought
- Bones, Bodies and Burials
- Archaeological Materials
- Thinking about the Past
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 172 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical offer is 104 UCAS Points. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable) together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement. General Studies accepted
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Diploma: Distinction*, Distinction
- Pass Access Course: 104 UCAS Points
- International Baccalaureate:Pass Diploma with 104 UCAS points from Higher Level Subjects
- IELTS: 6.0 with no score lower than 5.5
- GCSE: 5 at grade C/4 including Maths & English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12700 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Part-time: £1,540 per 20 credits studied (UK/EU)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.