The Nursing program at Texas A&M Texarkana prepares the graduate for beginning professional practice as a generalist in the discipline of nursing. Graduates of this program will assume the roles of provider of care, designer/manager/coordinator of care, patient advocate and member of the profession.
The graduate will be prepared to deliver safe, competent, direct and indirect nursing care to individuals, families, communities and populations of all ages in a variety of settings including hospitals, clinics, home health agencies, public schools and other practice areas.
This program also provides the foundation for advanced nursing education through graduate study
At the completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Integrate knowledge from biological and physical sciences and humanities as a basis for practice
- Demonstrate basic organizational and systems leadership skills to achieve safe, quality care
- Base professional practice on best available evidence
- Use information management and technology effectively to deliver quality patient care
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of healthcare policy, finance and regulatory environments
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to deliver safe, quality patient care
- Emphasize health promotion and disease prevention for individuals and populations
- Demonstrate the professional values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity and social justice
- Provide safe, holistic, evidence-based patient care to diverse populations across the health care continuum
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Concepts
- Health Assessment across the Lifespan
- Fundamentals of Nursing Practice
- Pharmacology in Nursing
- Adult Health Nursing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 550 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Intent/Interest
- Three (3) Recommendation Letters
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT Scores
International20024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10012 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National20024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10012 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State7540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3770 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.