The Chemistry program at Texas A&M Texarkana prepares students for careers as chemists, physical scientists, and technicians in quality control, quality assurance, research and development, and production departments of the industries.
Chemistry students will also become highly qualified applicants for medical and pharmacy schools, graduate programs in chemistry, biology, biotechnology, and/or environmental science. And, through the Teacher Certification Option in the Chemistry degree program, students will be prepared to become highly trained chemistry teachers.
The graduate will be able to:
- Explain atomic & molecular structures, bonding, stoichiometry, and periodic properties of representative elements.
- Apply the concepts and fundamental principles of thermodynamics, chemical equilibria, and chemical kinetics to solve chemistry-related problems.
- Write and explain organic reactions, stereochemistry, and processes in biological and environmental systems.
- Perform selected chemistry experiments using required instruments/equipment in the laboratory.
- Apply scientific method in designing experiments and analyzing experimental data.
- For ONLY the BS in Chemistry with Grades 7-12 Chemistry Certification: Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to enter the teaching profession as a highly-qualified, certified teacher (according to the Texas Educator Standards).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry for Engineering Students Lab
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Quantitative Chemical and Instrumental Analysis
- Physical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 1803 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Intent/Interest
- Three (3) Recommendation Letters
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT Scores
International20024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10012 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National20024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10012 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State7540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3770 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.