Given the impact public policy has on medicine, engineering, technology, and other key sectors of the global economy, a minor in Public Policy provides critical knowledge for students pursuing careers in these fields.
This Public Policy major at the University of Illinois at Chicago focuses on the systematic analysis of public policy issues and decision processes, and includes instruction in the role of economic and political factors in public decision-making and policy formulation, microeconomic analysis of policy issues, resource allocation and decision modeling, cost/benefit analysis, statistical methods, and through a three-course specialization sequence, includes applications to specific public policy topics. Students may enter as freshmen or as transfer students from other programs or universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Public Service
- Microeconomics: Theory and Applications
- Principles of Data Analysis
- Nonprofit Organizations and Civil Society
- Urban Policy and Process
- Bureaucracy and Public Policy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Policy View 690 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit the Common Application Online along with the UIC section. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- Submit the $60 nonrefundable application fee or, if qualified, select an application waiver.
- Current high school students must submit an official high school transcript using the Recommender process within the Common Application School Form.
- Complete the American College Test (ACT) or the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-R). ACT and SAT test scores may be submitted electronically via the testing service or printed on official transcripts.
- Graduated applicants who have never attended another college or university must submit an official transcript showing evidence of graduation from an accredited high school or submit an official transcript along with passing scores on the General Educational Development (GED) test.
International31784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31784 USD per year during 48 months.
National29888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29888 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State15538 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15538 USD per year during 48 months.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.