The purpose of the Certificate in Integrated Risk Management from Kansas State University is to provide undergraduate Student Fellows in the Center for Risk Management Education & Research (CRMER) with the opportunity to participate in a concentrated curriculum in integrated risk management concepts, tools, and applications.
The course sequence of this Certificate complements and leverages the experiential learning activities Student Fellows participate in through the CRMER.
Upon completion of the Certificate students will be prepared to:
- Identify and prioritize the types of complex and interconnected risks present in business decision making.
- Recognize how and why different firms have divergent risk tolerances and risk management strategies.
- Effectively communicate with risk management business executives to understand the rational for risk management plans, the nature of risk assessment and prioritization, and methods used to measure and monitor risk.
- Use appropriate quantitative decision tools to identify and measure risk including stochastic simulation, decision analysis, game theory, and statistical modeling.
- Understand tools companies use to manage risk including insurance, futures and derivative markets, portfolio concepts, scenario analyses, market intelligence, and redundancy and backup systems.
- Conduct risk management research and effectively communicate risk management analyses and findings in written form and in oral presentations to business executives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk Management
- Risk Management Fellows Seminar
- Derivative Securities and Markets
- Normative Theory of Decisions and Games
- Commodity Futures
- Market Fundamentals and Futures/Options Trading
- Price Analysis and Forecasting
- Optimization Techniques for Agricultural Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Risk Management Actuarial Science View 985 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- High school curriculum from an accredited secondary school.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (Grade Point Average) on a 4.0 scale in high school coursework.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15336 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 852 USD per credit
National15336 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 852 USD per credit
In-State5688 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 316 USD per credit
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.