The Geology - Geology major at Colorado State University , combined with additional education, provides an excellent science background for other diverse careers, including primary and secondary school teaching, science writing, environmental and resource law, and resource and/or hazards specializations within the construction, insurance, real estate, and securities industries.
The Geology concentration additionally provides a foundational background for graduate education in the geosciences.
Many opportunities exist for geology graduates in the private and public sectors within a wide range of societally important and satisfying careers.
Environmental management, energy resources, water resource and management, construction services, mining, power generation, computer software, and many other industries employ geoscientists in exploration, development, production, communications, building, management, and research.
Federal agencies employ geoscientists for resource mapping and assessment, oil-gas-coal-groundwater-geothermal resource evaluation and development, resource and environmental water studies, leasing and conservation, resource restoration and rehabilitation, hazards assessment and mitigation, regulatory activities, national defense, and basic and applied research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Solid Earth
- Optical Mineralogy
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Writing Arguments
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Natural Sciences View 839 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.