The English - English Education major at Colorado State University is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in teaching language arts, and offers a range of courses in language, literature, and writing. Students may receive an endorsement from the state of Colorado in English/Language Arts. In addition to the common requirements for the English major, students take several extra courses in English, as well as education classes through the School of Education.
A major in English prepares students for business, government, or education careers that require broadly educated people who can think critically, communicate effectively, analyze texts, and write well. Many employers appreciate liberal arts majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments.
Depending on a student’s interests, the electives taken, or the concentration selected, available career choices include, but are not limited to: copy editor; project editor; manuscript reader or story analyst; sales representative; publicity and promotion specialist; advertising coordinator; production specialist; assistant book publicist; contracts and permission specialist; agency or arts administrator; human resource manager;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- College Composition
- Public Speaking
- Reading Without Borders
- World Drama
- Encountering the Global
- Writing in the Disciplines: Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 3030 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.