The curriculum includes a two-semester introductory biology sequence, cell biology, developmental biology, ecology, evolution, and genetics.
Required courses in the physical sciences include a minimum of one year in introductory chemistry and in physics (with labs), and at least one course in organic chemistry (with lab), and one in biochemistry.
A calculus course and a statistics course are also required. In addition, students choose a selected field of 12 credits in one of the following: anatomy/physiology, aquatic biology, behavioral biology, cellular/molecular and genetic biology, ecology, evolution/genetics, and systematics, microbiology, or integrative organismal biology. There is an additional requirement of one course in two other fields, which assures a broad base of study.
This Biological Science - Biological Science major Colorado State University also offers an opportunity to choose an area of emphasis within life sciences that relates to particular career goals (for example: the ecology of organisms, cell and molecular biology, biomedical professions, aquatic biology, marine biology, plant molecular biology for agricultural biotechnology and bioenergy, evolutionary biology, etc.).
- Interpret scientific data both mathematically and statistically.
- Demonstrate organizational and laboratory skills.
- Define scientific hypotheses and design experiments or observations to test them.
- Work effectively in groups.
- Demonstrate strong writing and oral communication skills.
Training in biology prepares students for a wide variety of occupations. Some involve daily interaction within teams; others can be done in relative isolation; some are highly focused, but most require knowledge far beyond the sciences.
Career options related to biology include water quality assessments, field and lab technician work, biotechnology in biomedical sciences and agriculture, genetic research, agriculture, or sales (i.e., pharmaceutical, agricultural). Graduates work in small businesses, multinational corporations, academia, and government research laboratories and policy agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Principles of Animal Biology
- Animal Biology Laboratory
- Principles of Plant Biology
- Biology of Organisms-Animals and Plants
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 1651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.