Required courses in the physical sciences include a minimum of one year in introductory chemistry and in physics (with labs), and at least one course in organic chemistry (with lab), and one in biochemistry. A calculus course and a statistics course are also required. In addition, students choose a selected field of 12 credits in one of the following: anatomy/physiology, aquatic biology, behavioral biology, cellular/molecular and genetic biology, ecology, evolution/genetics, and systematics, microbiology, or integrative organismal biology. There is an additional requirement of one course in two other fields, which assures a broad base of study.
Training in the Biological Science - Biological Science programme from Colorado State University prepares students for a wide variety of occupations. Some involve daily interaction within teams; others can be done in relative isolation; some are highly focused, but most require knowledge far beyond the sciences.
Career options related to biology include water quality assessments, field and lab technician work, biotechnology in biomedical sciences and agriculture, genetic research, agriculture, or sales (i.e., pharmaceutical, agricultural). Graduates work in small businesses, multinational corporations, academia, and government research laboratories and policy agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Animal Biology
- Animal Biology Laboratory
- Principles of Plant Biology
- Attributes of Living Systems
- Biology of Organisms-Animals and Plants
- General Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 2140 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Colorado State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All first-year freshman students apply using the Common Application.
- Personal Statement - What we call a “personal statement” is called the “personal essay” in the Common Application. This short writing piece is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique, to share a talent or element of your identity that’s important to you, to describe what you are passionate about, or to highlight an accomplishment you’re proud of.
- Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary.
- All decisions are provisional until a final, official transcript verifying graduation is received.
- Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- If a record is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
National32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12874 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.