A sound technical background in Lithography, Screen-Printing, Intaglio, Relief Woodcut, Post-Digital methods and encouragement of experimental hybrid techniques will provide students with the professional skills needed to cultivate a robust studio practice and explore new innovative research based on that foundation.
The community workshop atmosphere of the printmaking area immerses students in group collaboration as well as personal exploration, thus preparing each student for real-world occupational applications of their research.
Through sharing visual concepts and technical investigations on a regular basis, students of the Art - Printmaking program from Colorado State University learn how to apply newly acquired knowledge productively and intuitively, while simultaneously developing desired skills for prospective employers.
Interactive artistic dialog between highly motivated printmakers is a cornerstone to all printmaking curriculum, leading to a wide array of unique and diverse avenues of creative inquiry.
Students will demonstrate:
- Fundamental knowledge and mastery of media and processes necessary to communicate meaning in a work of art.
- Ability to communicate clearly about their own art and the art of others.
- Knowledge about and be well versed in contemporary art and demonstrate the motivation to view and discuss current local, regional, and national exhibitions.
Art graduates possess a number of transferable communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills appropriate for work in traditional business as well as positions in academia and roles as freelance artists, graphic designers, art educators, art historians, studio fine artists and as “creatives” in government and industry.
Many employers appreciate art majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments. Participation in internships, cooperative education, and service learning opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations--Time and Structure
- Photo Image Making
- Intermediate Drawing
- Metalsmithing and Jewelry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 2075 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12260 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.