Throughout history, art has been a fundamental language of the human spirit. Visual arts express human experience through an ever-widening range of media and materials, some of which include: oils, acrylics, pastels, charcoal, clay, plaster, steel, bronze, wood, copper, litho stones, and digital media. Visual artists create abstract works and images of objects, people, nature, topography, and events.
- Fundamental knowledge and mastery of media and processes necessary to communicate meaning in a work of art.
- Ability to communicate clearly about their own art and the art of others.
- Knowledge about contemporary art and motivation to view and discuss current local, regional, and national exhibitions. Students well versed on contemporary art would:
Art graduates possess a number of transferable communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills appropriate for work in traditional business as well as positions in academia and roles as freelance artists, graphic designers, art educators, art historians, studio fine artists and as “creatives” in government and industry. Many employers appreciate art majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments. Participation in internships, cooperative education, and service learning opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Depending on student interests, the electives taken, or the concentration selected, available career choices include, but are not limited to: art appraiser, art director, art therapist, exhibit designer, art critic, jeweler, gallery director, graphic design artist, free lance artist, sculptor, woodworker, welder, foundry worker, studio photographer, technical illustrator, painter, textile designer, weaver, art educator, art historian, art curator, art librarian, art museum educator, web page designer, photo lab technician, art restorer, and master printer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Art History students will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques of art historical research and scholarship.
- Communication skills, original thinking, art historical interpretation, and research skills in written form, resulting in a lengthy work of original scholarship.
- Communication skills, original thinking, art historical interpretation, and research skills in oral form.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the monuments and principal artists of all major art periods of the past, including a broad understanding of the art of the twentieth century and acquaintance with the art history of non-Western cultures.
- Adequate mastery of a foreign language to support research through the reading of primary source materials.
- Functional knowledge of the creative process.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1962 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.