The Gender and Women’s Studies minor at Illinois College will demonstrate, inside and outside of the classroom, how much we, as individuals and a society, are formed by gender, race, class and sexuality.
- You will join a supportive, scholarly community that is centered on student success and based in the College's historical commitment to human rights and fighting social inequality and oppression.
- Hands-on learning is emphasized at every level of the GWS program, with opportunities for you to intern or work with local agencies, activist organizations, community volunteer programs and campus-wide campaigns to educate and combat injustice.
- You will have many chances to apply classroom knowledge to real-world situations, preparing you with valuable experience for your future career or graduate study. Students have partnered with nationwide campaign “We Are Here” to raise awareness of sexual assault on campuses, New Directions to serve homeless people in the community, Planned Parenthood in Springfield to research statewide advocacy organizations and many more.
- As a senior, you will participate in student-faculty research or complete a project related to your future career goals, such as gender equity in politics in Spain, sexual assault on college campuses and regional efforts to end sex trafficking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Gender and Men’s Studies
- Gender and Social Justice
- Advanced Feminist Theories
- Independent Study in Gender and Women’s Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 386 other Bachelors in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply for Admission
- Submit Official High School Transcript
- Submit Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
International34070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34070 USD per year during 48 months.
National34070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Illinois College offers merit-based scholarships to admitted international students with strong academic achievement and test scores. International Student Scholarships range from $10,000 - $18,000 per year and are renewable until you graduate. Illinois College will also offer two renewable #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships to international students. Apply by February 15 to guarantee scholarship consideration.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.