Significant focus is placed on lab/kitchen time, encouraging students to develop their techniques and products, much of which they are able to take home and enjoy. Graduates of the Culinary Management programme offered by the Durham College are sought after by a broad range of employers because of their unique skills, which include artisan meat cutting, cheese production, baking, canning and preserving.
The Culinary Management program will foster ongoing personal growth and learning in the areas of self management, interpersonal skills, professional ability and industry awareness including:
- Applying cost control techniques to food-service operations
- Effective marketing to promote the successful operation of a hospitality business
- Developing ongoing personal and professional strategies and plans to enhance culinary leadership and management skills
Students in this program will benefit from working and learning in Bistro ’67, a full-service, green-certified teaching and learning restaurant operated by staff and students.
What you could be:
- Corporate chef
- Executive chef
- Kitchen manager
- Pastry, personal or restaurant chef
- Restaurant manager
- Self-employed entrepreneur
- Sous chef
Where you could work;
- Banquet hall
- Catering company
- Golf course
- Communications For Business
- Computers For Hospitality
- Culinary Theory
- Culinary & Baking Techniques
- Food Safety And Sanitation
- Global Cuisine
- Culinary Nutrition
- Professional Development Strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Food Sciences Culinary Arts View 83 other Bachelors in Food Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Durham College and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Mature Student Status
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
International13976 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6988 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National2846 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1423 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Tuition fee for international students $6,882.9 for semester 3 and 4.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.