Introductory courses focus on technique and conceptual context while building a solid grounding in art history and critical theory. Advanced students work on self-generated independent projects under the guidance and mentoring of individual faculty members. Emphasis in the last year is on the production of a professional quality portfolio of work.
In addition to the fine arts required courses, Fine Arts students at University of Southern California are encouraged to explore in greater depth an area of art in which they have an interest. Students should select electives based on their personal and professional goals and in consultation with academic advisers. Electives are typically clustered in a particular field, but may be spread across different areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Visual Culture and Literacy
- Art Theory and Criticism
- Senior Seminar
- Design Fundamentals
- Introduction to Drawing: Studio Projects, Methods, Materials
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts View 945 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.