Graduates of the Management Information Systems program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte are prepared for positions in the design, planning, development, implementation, and management of information systems.
Who uses Management Information Systems?
All businesses use MGIS to make forecasts, manage day-to-day operations, schedule personnel and equipment, manage quality and inventory, work with suppliers, and undertake projects. In addition, management depends on information systems to collect and analyze data to make decisions. Data on customers, suppliers, competitors, and others are the main inputs to decision making at all levels of the organization. While all organizations have information systems needs, some industries have much greater reliance on them. These include banking, insurance, large-scale retailing, and communications.
Skills for Management Information Systems majors include:
- Analytical problem solving
- Business process skills
- Communication skills
- Information technology skills
- Organizational skills
- Business Applications Development
- Data and Information Management
- Business Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Topics in Management Information Systems
- Programming for Business Analytics
- Decision Modeling and Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Informatics & Information Technology Business Intelligence & Analytics View 2091 other Bachelors in Management Studies in United States
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 overall and 2.5 in Progression Courses listed below
- Pre-Major/Prerequisite/Progression Courses: Principles of Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Introduction to Business and Professional Development, Principles of Economics - Macro, Principles of Economics - Micro, Introduction to Business Computing, Calculus, Calculus for Engineering Technology, Elements of Statistics I (BUSN), Introduction to Statistics, Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Application and Application Fee of $80
- Proof of English ability
- In order for us to review your application, we require school records or transcripts for the last four years of pre-university curriculum. A complete transcript will have the courses you have taken and your grades/marks for each course from grades 9 through 11 or through 12 if you have completed high school
- Submit one required essay
- Submitting the SAT or ACT is optional due to the limited testing opportunities
International17246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8623 USD per semester during 48 months.
National17246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8623 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State3812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1906 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.