The Linguistics program offered by Bryn Mawr College is also relevant to other disciplines, such as psychology, philosophy, mathematics, computer science, sociology and anthropology, and some of our students choose to double major with one of them.
- Examine the structural components of sound, form, and meaning, and the precise interplay between them.
- Interact with the field of linguistics through a series of foundation courses in linguistics theory and methodology.
- Hone analytical and argumentation skills, and prepare for future pursuits in any field to which such skills are essential, including psychology, neuroscience, philosophy, mathematics, computer science, computational linguistics, sociology, and anthropology.
- Apply theoretical and methodological tools to the analysis of linguistic data, particularly in forming and testing hypotheses, and arrive at conclusions that the data and arguments support.
- Understand how language influences the way we interact with each other and with the larger world around us.
- Investigate how people acquire their knowledge about language, how this knowledge interacts with other cognitive processes and how it varies across speakers and geographic regions.
Where Bryn Mawr Takes You
At Bryn Mawr College, students turn a passion for learning into a life of purpose. The Bryn Mawr community is unique: academically inspired, civically engaged, and always deeply committed. Mawrters know their stuff and choose their lives intentionally. They are agents of change in every arena—and forever members of a community founded on respect for the individual.
- Computational Linguistics
- Lang and Empire in Mesoamerica
- Morphological Reinflection
- Gender and Language
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Artificial Intelligence Linguistics View 3174 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application (fee waived when submitted online)
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement
- School report including official transcripts (Homeschool and Alternative Education requirements)
- Two teacher recommendations
- School Counselor recommendation
- Mid-year report
- If your mid-year report is not available until after Jan. 15, we will still accept your application if the rest of your file is complete. We do require your mid-year report in order to issue a final decision.
- Standardized test results
- Final report
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International55025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55025 USD per year during 48 months.
National55025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55025 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ardmore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.